November 3, 2010

How To Reserve and Purchase Our Sheep

I have decided to write out a very clear procedure for purchasing our sheep, so that it is fair to all. If both parties understand what is expected, the whole process will be much more enjoyable and less stressful for both you, the buyer, and us, the sellers. And less stress is a good thing!

The sheep are offered on a first come, first serve basis. Once you decide which sheep you would like to purchase, please contact me with their names and/or tag numbers. Emailing me is probably the best way, as I am not able to answer our home phone much throughout the day. If you are trying to call me and not getting an answer, and someone else emails me with their choices, the other persons choices will come first.

After I verify your choices, I will mark your sheep as "pending deposit", on our website. You will need to send in a non-refundable deposit of $25 per sheep. If you should decide to choose a different sheep instead, the $25 deposit can be transferred, but not refunded. This deposit is applied to the total purchase price of your sheep. I must receive the deposit within 7 days, or the "pending deposit" status will be removed from your sheep, and someone else may put a deposit down on your choices. Sorry, but we simply don't have the time to spend on buyers that are not serious. It is also not my fault if something "comes up" in your life that prevents you from sending in your deposit.

After I receive your deposit, your sheep are marked as "sale pending". You then have 30 days (from the day we receive your deposit) to pick up your sheep. If you need to leave them on our farm longer than 30 days, you must pay boarding fees. The fees are $1 per day for the first sheep, and 50 cents per sheep for each additional sheep. So, if you were purchasing 3 sheep, and you needed to keep them on our farm for an additional 30 days, it would cost you $60 for a month of boarding. There are two exceptions to this. The first  is if you are purchasing a bred ewe. The cost of board until the time of pick up in January, is included in the cost of the ewe. The second is lambs that are purchased before they are weaned. Lambs will need to be picked up in August and boarding rates would apply if you need to leave them on the farm beyond August.

We mark your sheep as "sold" once we have received payment for the entire balance of your sheep. You may send your payment before you come to pick them up, or you may bring it with you on the day of pick up. We will not allow any sheep to leave our farm without payment. You cannot tell me that it is in the mail, and expect me to let you take the sheep off of our farm. Please plan accordingly. We do accept Paypal, but we add 3.5% to your total, because this is what we are charged by Paypal for using this service. If you would like to pay through Paypal, please send me an email letting me know this, and I will send you an invoice. Down payments may be made with a cashiers check or Paypal. Payment of the remaining balance can be via Paypal, cashiers check or you may bring cash on the day of pick up. Please do not send cash through the mail, and please, no personal checks.

If you should find any of this unclear, please drop me an email. Thanks so much!

No comments: